Monitor Audio SW280LCR
At the heart of the W280LCR model is a unique Inverted Dual Concentric pivoting mid-range/tweeter module providing up to 18 degrees of play. The W280-LCR can be discreetly positioned, and then the sound can be directed into the desired listening zone by pivoting the IDC® driver module to maximize performance. The W280-LCR is a compact 3-way unit featuring an 8 inch C-CAM® bass driver for use in discreet theatre or music based applications offering superior performance and flexibility over typical 2-way or fixed angle speaker designs.
- Unique IDC dual concentric mid-range/ HF module offering up to 18 degrees of pivot in all directions. Easily directed during post install set-up.
- C-CAM® drivers throughout, providing coherent tonal balance and sonic signature across the entire audio frequency spectrum.
- Special Inverted C-CAM® RST® profile mid-range cone provides improved dispersion pattern.
- True 3-way designs.
- High overall efficiency.
- High frequency level adjustment (+/- 3dB).
- Boundary compensation control.
- Timbre-match with RS-CP in-ceiling/wall and Silver RS hi-fi speakers.
- Our innovative Tri-Grip fixing system is easier to install than conventional clamping schemes but provides three times the surface area and a better surface seal, maximising bass response and mid-range clarity.
- Aluminum alloy grilles offer rust-free performance and longevity. They are non magnetic and lighter in weight.
- All models are paint-able to blend with the living environment. A paint mask and additional scrim material are provided for trouble free painting.
- All models use fire retardant materials specified to UL-94 VO rating.
- All models are splash and humidity proof for installation in shower rooms or pool areas.
- All models feature dust protection covers that are designed to prevent the ingress of dirt or dust into the driver and crossover
|Frequency Response:||45 Hz - 30 KHz|
|Sensitivity (1W@1M):||90 dB|
|Impedance (Nominal):||6 ohms|
(Single unit in free space):
|Power Handling (RMS):||130 W|
|Recommended Amp Requirements:||20 - 130 W|
|Drivers:||1x 8" C-CAM® cone base driver. Pivoting, inverted dual concentric module (IDC) housing:
1 x 4" C-CAM® RST® Inverted midrange driver
1 x 1" C-CAM® gold dome tweeter
(H x W)
|423 mm x 270 mm
(16 5/8 inch x 10 5/8 inch)
|Overall Depth:||103 mm
(4 1/16 inch)
(H x W)
|387 mm x 234 mm
(15 1/4 inch x 9 3/16 inch)
|Mounting Depth:||99 mm
(3 7/8 inch)
|Controls:||+3db / 0dB / -3dB High frequency level switch
|Fixing Type:||6 position Tri-Grip dog fixings|
|Cable Connection:||Gold plated ‘push' type terminals|
|Construction Material:||Mineral filled ABS plastic
(UL94/V0 rated, RoHS compliant)
|Weight:||3.6 Kg (7.9 lb)|